Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
However, he opened a hole in the wall in the wrong place above the mirror, so now that needs to be patched up tomorrow. That means an extra day tacked on. We really wanted it to be finished tomorrow. We are already 4 days over schedule. Ugh.
I. Need. This. Job. To. End.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
We've had some water pressure issues due to construction. Apparently, since our valves are pretty old, due to them being opened and closed so many times in the last weeks, we may have disturbed the sediment or even jeopardized the quality of the valves, including the pressure reducing valve. Sigh. I just started seeing dollar signs.
Luckily, after a thorough investigation, it turns out that was not the problem. Thank God. The air that was in the pipes actually detached supply lines to some of the toilets, which in turned had for a result low water levels. The plumber reattached them back, and, yes, I'll say this again, thank God, we didn't have to fiddle with the main valves any more. Phew.
Saturday, August 1, 2015
The bottom shelf has a slight pitch, to improve drainage. At first, I was not really sure that I would be able to match the color of the marble tile to the color of the vanity marble, but, again, it all worked out. Huge thanks to our carpenter Charlie who suggested it. I hate looking at bottles all over the tub. And I hate even more not having any other place to put them.
Also huge thanks to our tile guy, Don, who worked tirelessly for almost three weeks. He worked long days, and made sure that everything was done to the best of his ability. He said that the tiles, especially the floor, were of such good quality, he wanted to do them justice. So, thanks Don.
Home stretch. Almost there...