Skip to main content

So, yeah, this happened

We woke up this morning to this. 64 degrees Fahrenheit inside. Every attempt to revive the brand new gas-powered boiler failed.

The kids and I are off to the neighbors house, while hubby waits for the repairmen.

UPDATE: After a record number of 6 visits in one day, they've finally figured out what was wrong. And it was the youngest man in the crew. He actually read the instructions. No joke. So, to Orlando's mom - you raised a good man. After reading the instructions, he realized that the new boiler was never skimmed of the machine oil that was used in the production. This oil would bubble as the steam was created and trigger the shut off switch. Every 30 minutes. In any case, he threw some chemicals in the boiler 3 times and replaced the water, also 3 times. It looks like we are good to go.


Popular posts from this blog

We found the "missing" house

Thanks to one of our readers, Robert, who identified the house on South Mountain Avenue.

I almost crashed into a tree while looking at it and can't believe I never noticed it before. It was right there. I mean, it looks exactly the same as in this photo. Right?

The funny thing is that I drive by the house almost daily. Which goes to show you just how many things go unnoticed in our lives...

Award from Montclair Historic Preservation Commission

Our lovely porch restoration has won an award from the Montclair Historic Preservation Commission for Brick and Mortar Preservation project in the residential category.

We are very honored. Here is the story in Baristanet.

And here is the photo of the porch.

The awards ceremony is on Thursday, November 19. We hope to see you all there.

Kids Bath: Electrical - DONE

Electrical - DONE, TOO! Yay!

However, he opened a hole in the wall in the wrong place above the mirror, so now that needs to be patched up tomorrow. That means an extra day tacked on. We really wanted it to be finished tomorrow. We are already 4 days over schedule. Ugh.

I. Need. This. Job. To. End.