Skip to main content

The Wall - Again!

You remember the wall on the front porch, right? If not, you can read about it here and here.

As you know, we went from snow to Summer this year, and with temperatures being so high, the chemicals wouldn't work properly. Therefore, I shelved the project until the weather improved.

With October being so magnificent, and having extra helping hands, we dragged the chemicals and the ladder and the other supplies back onto the front porch. This time, on the advice of many experts, I got Peel Away and the accompanying tools. Also, having learned from experience, this time I only applied the chemicals to a small small section of the wall.

It started pretty much the same way as the last time. I thought giving it time would help, but it didn't. Now that we exhausted all the venues, I started calling around the handymen on my list to see if anyone would sandblast the damn thing. Nobody dared.

And then, a breakthrough: my dad accidentally hit the wall with a hammer and the paint started coming off! As always, the most simple solution is always the answer. After 3 hours of chipping, he made more progress than I did in 6 months. Here are the results:



The chipping will be done tomorrow, as well as brushing and sanding. After that, we'll wash the wall and let it dry at least a few days.

I'll post the updated photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We found the "missing" house

Thanks to one of our readers, Robert, who identified the house on South Mountain Avenue.

I almost crashed into a tree while looking at it and can't believe I never noticed it before. It was right there. I mean, it looks exactly the same as in this photo. Right?






The funny thing is that I drive by the house almost daily. Which goes to show you just how many things go unnoticed in our lives...

Award from Montclair Historic Preservation Commission

Our lovely porch restoration has won an award from the Montclair Historic Preservation Commission for Brick and Mortar Preservation project in the residential category.

We are very honored. Here is the story in Baristanet.

And here is the photo of the porch.




The awards ceremony is on Thursday, November 19. We hope to see you all there.

Kids Bath: Electrical - DONE

Electrical - DONE, TOO! Yay!

However, he opened a hole in the wall in the wrong place above the mirror, so now that needs to be patched up tomorrow. That means an extra day tacked on. We really wanted it to be finished tomorrow. We are already 4 days over schedule. Ugh.

I. Need. This. Job. To. End.