Skip to main content

Heating Woes

The heating issues have now become heating woes. The furnace stops working at least once a week, without any warning or explanation. I start it back up, and by the time service crew shows up, everything looks fine.

Well, when it went out this morning, I've had just about enough, and I called everyone at our service company: account manager, supervisor, customer service - everybody. To their credit, they called me back really fast. Every conversation started of a little defensive, as in it's not such a big problem, you only called four times in the last four week, etc. By what definition calling your service company once a week four weeks in a row regarding a spanking new boiler is not a problem, I do not know, but I didn't want to be confrontational or adversarial or facetious. I just wanted it fixed. When they realized I am not laying any blame on anyone, and that I am not yelling or calling anybody names (very unusual for me, as those that know me will tell you), they were rather helpful and solution-driven.

So, tomorrow, we will have a new transformer and a check valve, which was apparently NOT installed when they put in the new tank in the basement.

Hopefully, that will work. And now, my rant is done. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We found the "missing" house

Thanks to one of our readers, Robert, who identified the house on South Mountain Avenue.

I almost crashed into a tree while looking at it and can't believe I never noticed it before. It was right there. I mean, it looks exactly the same as in this photo. Right?






The funny thing is that I drive by the house almost daily. Which goes to show you just how many things go unnoticed in our lives...

Award from Montclair Historic Preservation Commission

Our lovely porch restoration has won an award from the Montclair Historic Preservation Commission for Brick and Mortar Preservation project in the residential category.

We are very honored. Here is the story in Baristanet.

And here is the photo of the porch.




The awards ceremony is on Thursday, November 19. We hope to see you all there.

Kids Bath: Electrical - DONE

Electrical - DONE, TOO! Yay!

However, he opened a hole in the wall in the wrong place above the mirror, so now that needs to be patched up tomorrow. That means an extra day tacked on. We really wanted it to be finished tomorrow. We are already 4 days over schedule. Ugh.

I. Need. This. Job. To. End.